Monday, October 20, 2008
Big6
The Big6 was something new and suprisingly interesting to me. I learned a new technique for teaching. The first lesson I chose to critique was one on how to help students determine what shoes to wear to school. The process that went into it was pretty neat to see. Everyone remembers high school and how a big part of it was fitting in and being cool. Well a lesson on shoes and attire would be pretty beneficial to a lot of students. Since I couldn't find a Big6 activity on obesity I chose to do one on victimization. I read an interesting article that went along with the lesson that told a story of a woman who was a victim of a violent crime and her story. I thought this lesson was interesting and crucial to high school students because high school is a "hotzone" for bullying and violence. The Big6 lesson was very informational and I plan on using it again in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment